Sunday 11 May 2014

SHINee Blogging 시작~!

I write a lot on twitter now-a-days about various SHINee fan events I get to go to and often just feel like Twitter's 140 character limit is cramping my style. I'm a pretty wordy person and sometimes I just want to get my ideas out there and 140 characters isn't cutting it. So here we go; I'm finally starting a blog. Mainly because I fear Tumblr; I've heard so many horror stories from the deep depths of Tumblr land that I think I'll stick to old school blogspot.

I don't really want to reveal too much of the real me. My name is Min, I live in Korea and I'm 91-liner. I have 2 cats named Bonnie and Clyde and all my friends are fangirls. I have a hilarious close friend who commonly refers to fangirls as 'Magical people' and non fangirls as 'Muggles'. So I like to think I've surrounded myself with magical people~ SHINee being the most magical among us.

SHINee bring me a great deal of joy and happiness. Living away from family is sometimes kind of lonely, but I've never felt that pain thanks to SHINee. From debut they've only ever brought me joy and happiness which is why I've decided to open this blog. I want to write about my experiences and share them for a number of reasons. Firstly because I know living overseas as an international fan is super tough and I would have loved it if there were more English speaking fans sharing their experiences when I was stuck back home. And secondly because I worry about the distortion of information that happens sometimes. Unfortunately the only access we have as fans is via things translated from Korean to Japanese/Chinese to English. I can't say I'm all knowing or going to be 100% correct all the time but I'll try my best ^.^

That said, I hope anyone who decides to read my entries can give me the benefit of the doubt. I hope if I phrase something awkwardly or offend anyone in any way you can calmly let me know. I realize fangirls can often get really fired up; my greatest worry about writing like this is only that I'm opening myself up for hate. The internet sucks sometimes because of it's anonymous nature. I really would love to hear people's opinions and questions, but I'm not doing this to open myself up to any hatred or flaming (only the Minho kind allowed guys~) As my friend kindly reminded me: at the end of that day I'm doing this for myself.

3 comments:

  1. Hi... this gonna be awkward but I'm glad you finally open your blogs.
    I'm one of your stalker in twitter and I love to read everything related to SHINee. Really hope you will continue writing here coz I find it hard to find any blogs like this since everyone already camping out in tumblr, (tumblr also not my thing)
    Ok this already awkward so bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not weird at all and thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully I can get into a good habit of updating and lots of people can suggests topics to touch on. Thank you~~♥

      Delete
    2. ---Hopefully I can get into a good habit of updating--- THIS!!! keep your promises and I'll be your good reader hehe ^ ^
      I read your adventures in your recent update and I want to dig more about that, every little details juseyooo~~

      Delete